Thursday, December 20, 2007

PB101 Schedule

It's been a busy couple of weeks leading up to the holiday season. Shelley Haduk conducted last week's PB101 class and will again this Friday. I'll be at a client location in Memphis, TN. Our class scheduled for Dec. 29th has been canceled. I'll be back again for hosting on Jan 4 :)

Lots of questions coming through support about the new 4.2.x Beta that is available. Yes, we do have a new Beta available for download at www.thebrain.com/download, but I'd like to stress that this IS BETA SOFTWARE. If you do want to check out the new version, make some BrainZip backups of your 4.1 Brain files first! You can leave feedback on your Beta testing on our PB4.2 Forum: http://forums.thebrain.com/mb/thebrain?forum=104692.

Enjoy your Brain!
Matt

2 comments:

Ali Syed said...

Hello,
My name is Ali Syed form Mannheim, Germany. I am an Automation Engineering student, in my 5th semester. I have just seen Personalbrain 101, and am mesmerized. It is one of the most wonderful and useful software I have ever seen. To be honest, I first thought this program was analogous to a very hard to use TV remote control, where using the remote is more difficult than doing the thing the old fashioned way. I first got acquainted with brainstorm software when I bought Britannica 2006. I just discarded it, but then I was trying to think up of ways of organizing information for my road trip across Russia, I thought of the brain storm software. After good amount of twisting Google’s arm, I got the name: “The PersonalBrain”. I am really delighted that I found it.
But now I have a question. According to your website, there is no student version to be bought, and the pro version available is beyond any student budget! Wouldn’t it be wonderful, if you could offer Student versions of the software? Or at least tell me what happens when my 30-day trail is finished, what can a free version of the software do? Or after making me an addict my wonderful software would leave me high and dry?
Hoping to hear from you soon,
Ali Syed

Alex said...

Well, it's not an official reply, but after 30 days it reverts to the free version. You don't use any information or attachments stored in your brain, however, you can't add any more either.
Here's a link to the feature comparison.

Hope this helps.