Tuesday, February 19, 2008

TheBrain on LinkedIn

I just want to throw out a Thank You to Dan Pepper who plugged us on LinkedIn over the weekend:

Q: Ok, a bit off topic, but are there any good mind-mapping/worflow/thought organizing tools out there? I've looked all over the net for the tool I'm needing. It's part visio, part freemind, part org chart... I'm looking for something to organize my ideas with that is less structured than visio and more structured than freemind, maybe along the lines of an outline meeting freemind. Anyone run across something like this?

A: Try the TheBrain from Los Angeles-based TheBrain Technologies. It's free to trial and free for extended personal use. There are fees for commercial and enterprise versions. I could use it in under 2 minutes and there are free topical user webinars on Fridays. While I may be suffering from the "when the only tool you have is a hammer - everything begins to look like a nail" syndrome, I use it for a multitude of purposes. In particular, I use it as an adjunct to LinkedIn to map relationships to members and non-members [you can even load thumbnail photos]. The founder, Harlan Hugh, is a LinkedIn member as is the VP of Sales & Marketing, Shelley Hayduk.

Links:
http://www.TheBrain.com

Regards,
Dan Pepper

Thanks Dan!

Matt

2 comments:

Andreas said...

Interesting. It would be great to see a sample Brain showing how one would use LinkedIn and PersonalBrain together.

Jeremy said...

Right now I drag someone's LinkedIn's page (and their Facebook page, etc) into PB and then copy and paste some of their bio, and, in PB4 Pro, copy their photo and paste it as a thought icon. Would be great, of course, to make this automatic, but for now it works pretty well, especially on two screens.